View Single Post
Old
06-23-2014, 03:00 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Unfortunately, Grabovski will cost quite a bit more than Pouliot. If we're signing Grabo, say goodbye to one of Zucc, Brass or Stralman.
Not sure I agree. I think Boyle is gone anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Grabovski wants $5M per for 4-5 years.
That's what he wanted last off-season as well. I have a feeling Grabovski will be this years Filpula

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
he was a first round pick. hes 6'3 and skates beautifully. hes got the ability to be a very good offensive dman.

we saw what kind of shot he has- low and hard and we also saw a player who carrys the mail, plays the pp point and can move the puck out effortlessly.

defensively he suffers from the same thing staal and girardi suffer from. he gets boxed in occasionally. he makes dumb reads and scrambles around more than he should.

guess what? hes 23.

as i said before, hes got a chance to be very good and i see him, and i believe av and his staff see him, improving steadily.
Need patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I know I am going to be a minority here but I see a real possibility that Dan Boyle is a Ranger next year. This happens if a) Stralman walks and Klein gets bumped up to second pairing, b) Stralman signs and Klein gets flipped for choices at the draft. Klein's contract is too rich for a 3rd pair stay at home defenseman. WSould be perfect for a team (Edmonton, Calgary, winnipeg) who can't get a player to sign a long term contract.

At this point in his career, Boyle would be well suited to playing 12-14 minutes a game and running the second power play unit with John Moore. Short term deal of course. I saw enough of Boyle this year to be very comfortable with him in a reduced role.

Really like Winnik a lot. Thinks he makes sense as 4th liner and penalty killer. Adds some grit. Only reason he is getting squeezed in Anaheim is because they are so deep.
I agree on Winnik and I could see that as well.