View Single Post
Old
06-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Stralman was a garbage-nobody, plucked off the scrap heap.

The Rangers have been absolutely committed to him. While I agree he can do whatever he wants, if he likes it in NY and the offer is competitive, then he should give the Rangers the opportunity to sign him.

Just because they didn't negotiate during the season doesn't mean the team doesn't want him.

And I never said he should turn down a contract elsewhere. I said if he gets an offer, he should see if the Rangers would match. If not he can sign elsewhere.

It's a gentlemen agreement most agents recommend unless the player is absolutely miserable with his current team.
Supposedly the Rangers offered a 3-year, $9MM extension prior to the Olympics. Supposedly, of course. I agree he should see if the Rangers will match, although I believe there have been instances in which the team gives a firm number and the player doesn't go back to match. It can get ugly out there. If they did offer $3MM per, it's an interesting try since they had Klein at $2.9MM. Either they think Klein is grossly overpaid or just tried to throw something at Stralman, which may not bode well for what they're thinking in terms of numbers at this point.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote