View Single Post
Old
06-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Last night, my team started our summer season with a couple new guys. Close game until I broke out on the PK, then we ended up winning 7-2. I had 3g2a.

Two goals were shorties. I play the northern-most guy pressuring their D to move the puck out, receive breakout passes and begin our rush, etc.

First: the D pinched, I picked up the puck and only had to beat the last guy back. Beat the goalie far side, tucked right behind the post.

Second: not 15 seconds later on the next play, I caught a pass right up the middle and again only had to beat the same defenseman. I did, and noticed the goalie squaring up better, so I clipped it five-hole from within the circle. Same exact play, I just put it in different areas.

Third: We developed a 3 on 2, I took the drop pass and shot through traffic. Goalie didn't appear to see it whatsoever. I shoot RH and went on that side next to his glove. I was just trying to put it anywhere on that side, got lucky that he didn't cover that side in his butterfly.

Both assists were from me setting up on the boards and putting the puck cross-ice to my guys, who were left wide open to let 'er rip.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote