View Single Post
Old
06-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
I really believe staal is jumping ship for Carolina next season. Based on my assumption you have to sign stralman.
Give me one good reason beyond the tired old "he wants to play with his brothers" BS.

Are you familiar with what's going on down in Carolina? That they are trying to y are trying to keep the budget down? That the team looks like crap on the ice and is not one or two players away from contending?

Why would Marc want to go there? His brothers have already won a Stanley Cup. Do you think it was enough for Marc to go to the finals? Heck, they won a game. That must right up there with a kid's dreams to actually hold the Cup after winning 4 games in the finals?

And why does Staal keep saying publically that he really loves playing for the Rangers, if he wants to jump ship? He's also said publically he wants to stay and would like to get an extension out of the way sooner, rather than later:

[QUOTE][Defenseman Marc Staal, who is a year away from being eligible to become an unrestricted free agent, expressed a desire to sign a contract extension with the Rangers before the start of next season.

I think any hockey player would prefer to be locked up before you start playing, Staal said. Its not going to be the end of the world if nothing happens, but, obviously, youd rather something be done than not
/QUOTE]

So, I guess he's just been blowing smoke at everyone to obscure his "true" intentions.

You tell me which dream is more important: playing with your brothers or winning a Stanley Cup without them?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote