View Single Post
Old
02-16-2004, 09:49 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBASER
have you guys seen the hockey news' future watch issue yet? i thought their rankings were a little strange for habs prospects.

they ranked our top 10 as follows:

1. kastsystin
2. komisarek
3. higgins
4. perezhogin
5. hossa
6. hainsey
7. urquhart
8. lambert
9. lapierre
10. balej

no plekanek? lambert at no 8 ahead of balej? are urquhart, lambert, and lapierre really that good?

Well I myself have never been a big fan of THN, but it's hard to put together any list, cause after the top 5 or so, it becomes much more debateable, thus opinions will vary.

It does look kind of funny when you see Urquhart, Lambert and Lapierre all in order, playing for the same team and all.

Plus I don't consider Komo a prospect, he's a rookie now, imo (almost 50 games in the NHL, plus 70 or so in the AHL).

And not having Plekanec is a joke and makes the list hard to put much stock in. He's having another solid season, as he continues to show good progression. He has to be in our top 10 for sure, as he has a lot of skills just needs to play with more consistency and add some strength.

Korpikari, O'Byrne and Korneev are all up there, imo, and any of them would fit fine at 10th.