View Single Post
Old
06-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Both sides seem to be operating on the assumption that whether Stralman stays or goes has anything to do with Klein.

Granted, we'd be less comfortable releasing Stralman if Klein wasn't here, but his contract cost is so low his presence on the third pairing is hardly a problem as some ere have suggested.

My point is that Klein's efficacy should have little to do with Stralman's evaluation. Even if Klein wasn't here the Rangers could look to free agency for another right sided defenseman to replace him.

While I don't agree fully that much of Stralman's dislike has to do with his being European, I haven't found a better explanation as to why these are the most commonly compared and debated players on the roster.

Post note:

It wouldn't matter if Klein played tremendously with McDonagh, because a lot of people's minds are already made up. Klein is bad. Stralman is better than Girardi. Extended fiscal policy is effective. A priori.
I don't think $2.9M is overly low for cap-strapped team to pay for a 3rd pairing defenseman