View Single Post
Old
02-16-2004, 12:28 PM
ehc73

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Actually management asks him whether he would like to start or take the game off before each game. Turco just wants to play all the time and if he can handle playing that much, management won't argue against him. I don't think he's been playing this much because Tugnutt has had a dissapointing season (not sure whether you can call 2 games a season but anyhow), or because our prospect goalies are so inexperienced. Just Turco's competitiveness.. he's been like this ever since lacing them up for the first time. Were it for the University of Michigan, the Michigan K-Wings, everywhere he played he played a lot..
Well if I were management, I'd certainly be worried about a goalie playing on a broken foot, even if it were partially healed. If there's one other area besides the knees that goalies put pressure on, it's the feet. Push-offs put quite the strain on the feet if injured, and for a $5 M per goalie, not to mention your MVP this season, I'd be worried. Competitive or not, you have to take into account the player's health. But then again, JR played with concussions, so Cherry would chalk this up to Turco being a good ol' Canadian hockey boy.
I think management would argue against him if Tugnutt weren't injured/getting back into game shape. Turco has saved their tails many times this season, and having him for the stretch drive is important, especially if they make the playoffs(which they are fighting for right now considering the tightly packed Western Conference).