Thread: Confirmed with Link: Montreal will not sign Vanek
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
My guess is that they want to sign Weaver, but will consider Bouillon as a back-up plan. Problem is that Weaver is #5-6 D while Bouillon should really be a #8 D next year if he's back.
Bouillion should retire. He's not an NHL calibre defenseman anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forlando View Post
That is why he is the GM and you are here...just speculating and voicing your unprofessional (and often uninformed) opinion about the Habs...like the rest of us.
Speak for yourself... if you feel that you can't comment on a GM because you're not a GM yourself, well... there's the door.

Nobody here is pretending that we have the same kind of visibility a GM does. But his job title doesn't insulate him from criticism. The fact that he's a GM doesn't mean he won't make stupid moves.

As for making mistakes... no problem. Everybody (including GMs) make them. It's the obvious mistakes that are concerning. Not signing Vanek for example? No way for us to know what's going on behind the scenes or if he even wanted to stay here. He didn't play well in the postseason so I can see us passing. Personally, I'd like to keep him but I can understand the other side of the coin and we don't know the whole story there so...

But Bouillion is a whole other story. There's no reason to re-sign this guy. I don't care what kind of leadership or friendship he provides in the room. He's a terrible defenseman. So we'll wait and see what happens here but there's no way on God's green earth that we should be even talking about bringing Cube back.

And you don't need to be a GM to see this.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote