33% Chance of winning the Division
View Single Post
03-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Interesting. I had handicapped at 40/60 today based on the positive factors:
1. Tie goes to Preds, which means the Preds need one less loss over the remaining games.
2. Wings get Dallas on the back end of Wings back-to-back nights with emotional first game.
3. Preds get Dallas on the back end of Dallas back-to-back nights with emotional first game.
4. Home and home series I think (no statistical evidence) are a bit harder to sweep than the win-loss record might lead you to believe.
5. CBJ is playing reasonably well.
6. One more game in that short stretch for the Wings.
7. Wings game in hand is an away game.
There are plenty of contrary reasons (more in fact) to think the Wings will prevail so I'm not trying to paint a rosey scenario but it is far from impossible. If the Wings beat the Stars tonight, though, I think the percentage has to drop substantially.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by braindead