View Single Post
Old
02-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Ya I thought the THN list was pretty lame... I had high hopes on reading a good list compilation, but instead i got fed crap, an utterly horrible list IMHO... Their top 10 (in the top 50) was rediculous... Lehtonen maybe as # 1 prospect, as he's been sharp in his NA debut... But Phaneuf as # 2??? No way. followed by Miller and Vanek? Vanek from most accounts has been struggling and Miller is IMO a good prospect, but #3??? IMO they also burned Kastsitsyn before giving him a chance to prove himself.

This list had too much hype grabbing at high end slots rather than basing it on what it should have been based on... Talent.

As for our own list... I would've expected Hainsey over Hossa in the top 5... He is potentially one of the better prospects in the league, as his ceiling is still decent...

Urquhart deserves his spot... But Balej deserves to be higher.

Then the team rankings... Our team, which in terms of prospects have a couple of blue-chippers, and quality picks ranks 11th out of 30? we fell from 5th to 11th, yet we have one of the best AHL clubs, as well as some very intriguing talent playing elsewhere (I.E. Montreal, overseas, CHL)... IMO if Corey Locke can't crack our top 10... we should be higher than 11th.