View Single Post
Old
02-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Habber

vCash: 500
It’s still amazes me how quickly people can jump off the bandwagon and start blaming the guy that got us here in the first place. Without Theo we would not be in a playoff spot right now, period.

I think some people have a skewed idea about elite tenders and have selective memories when it comes to the past. Every goalie has bad stretches and every goalie lets in bad goals from time to time. What some don’t realize is that even when Theo is playing bad, he’s still better than most. There’s tons of saves he makes look easy because he’s in the right place at the right time and he also forces many shooters to miss because he gives them so little to shoot at.

And when I read that Patrick Roy never let in bad goals my coffee almost came through my nose. Did you guys watch the Habs in the late 80’s, early 90’s? Roy was one of the most hot and cold goalies there ever was. The first few years in the league there were times he was downright awful and others he was fantastic. Funny how everyone remembers 86 and 93 but not 92 when we got beat four straight by the B’s cause Roy let in soft goal after soft goal.