View Single Post
Old
06-28-2014, 07:53 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Any Vanderbilt students/alumni willing to pitch in about how is life at Vandy for a graduate student? I will apply at Vanderbilt for a physics PhD this fall...

Credentials (and grad school list) available by PM.
There are a few on here, give them a bit though they don't post as frequently as some of us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
I just got back from my second work related visit from Nashville and had a great time once again. Too bad there was hockey available, but at least the fan shop was open and one could see a sports NHL finals, NBA finals, US open golf and a lot of soccer simultaneously in the screens of the bars on Broadway.

In my first visit in Nashville three years ago I was lucky to see the game against Sharks. Before gettting to the arena from Hotel Renaissance I ended up with my Predators jersey to the same elevator with Dany Heatley, Patrick Marleau and one other Sharks player. I was also brave enough to speak with them with my "Finnish F1 driver accent".

I liked the Pub 5 opposite of Bridgestone arena (great Kölch, meatballs and staff). There were actually plenty of great places to eat in the Broadway or next to it. The Italian restaurant Carabba´s in the Green Hills mall gives a good value for money - a couple of beers, wine and grilled Tuscan Skechers under 40 $. Puckett´s was the best breakfast restaurant in the Downtown area we experienced during our visit.
Awesome to hear.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote