View Single Post
Old
02-16-2004, 04:13 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
And to be honest, I HATE the idea of putting Renney at coach and Maloney as fill in GM...Not only does this organization need an entire overhaul but as executives/coaches in the NHL both Maloney and Renney have proven to be nothing but absolute failures on par with the Buffoon from Banf-f-f-f..

Hey, I bet Neil still knows the orgainzation and some of the scouts---Just kidding..
I'd equate this to the Mets' situation this past summer. Unless theres somebody out there like Lombardi or Hedberg who can take over right away, I'd give Maloney the interem job, see what he can do, and then re-evaluate it over the summer. Question is, is Dolan smart enough to hire the right guy? Nevermind that, is he smart enough to even fire Sather in the first place? By the looks of it, no.

As for having a complete overhaul, I agree, but wasn't Maloney here before Sather? I think he's paid his dues as an assistant. Plus he's a former Ranger and was pretty popular, lets give him a shot. As for who takes over as coach for the rest of the year, it doesn't even matter. Who cares if Renney takes over for the rest of the year? Its not like they're going anywhere. In fact, the more losses, the more ping pong balls, the better draft position, the better.

Last edited by nyr5186: 02-16-2004 at 04:16 PM. Reason: meh