Old
06-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I love this draft so far, because all of the regular Negative Nancies are out in full force. I've seen most of the regular whiners, still a few more though...

In all honesty, I feel pretty happy with what we did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Missiaen's a bust. Stajcer's a bust. Basically we have Lundqvist and Talbot and Shapski's the only one developing. It was an organizational need.

Anyway there's **** that happens. If Henrik gets hurt--god forbid--we'll be scrambling around for anything. Talbot's a potential UFA after next year. Got to have goalies in the pipeline--doesn't matter how good your No. 1 is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Two of our biggest organizational needs coming into today--goaltending depth and puckmoving defensemen--have been addressed, to varying degrees.

You can't completely restock a system in one draft, particularly without a first. They focused on a couple areas and grabbed some interesting players. Fine by me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, it's actually a nice mix. Considering we weren't getting a surefire 1st liner in thie draft I'm happy with the selections and moving down a couple times to add picks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMangum View Post
Yes, the absurdity of some of these complaints is very entertaining.

I liked the stockpiling mentality of this draft. Picked up a lot of later picks, stocked up on some types we need. Could use a draft of quantity with our pick situation.

Our third rounder also seems like a potential steal.
You guys all hit the nail on the head so far that you drove it all the way through the foundation.

You are all absolutely correct.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote