Old
06-28-2014, 04:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
What makes a player interesting to you, and is being interesting an important thing?

Again, if you have the best in the game, signed for a long time, how is using your first pick - whenever it is - a smart move towards restocking?

The system has been thought of as one of, if not the weakest. I didn't read the article surrounding this assessment, but I will guess that it wasn't a lack of goalie depth that made this assessment so negative.

Now, when you add another goalie to the same draft, it only makes it seem comical.

The tea leaves of this draft certainly are pointing to Talbot being moved sometime next season, though.
Henrik Lundqvist may or may not be "the best" in three or four years' time. You can't just ignore goaltending because you assume everything will be the same as it is now.

Here's HF's assessment of our system:

STRENGTHS
Potential power forwards
Defensive and two-way defensemen in system
Depth in potential third/fourth line players

WEAKNESSES
No future number one netminder in system
No purely offensive defensemen in system

I think the organization made an attempt to address those two weaknesses today. I'm okay with that. The goaltending depth needed to be addressed eventually, and they decided that this would be the year. So be it.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote