View Single Post
Old
06-30-2014, 11:55 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Figured I would resurrect this thread since our latest draft has the Flyers continuing to stockpile D men with the additions of Sanheim, Pettersson and Friedman....

Also wanted to quote Meltzer's blog post

BTW...I guess Friedman will get run out of here eventually like Carle....

Quote:
* I spoke yesterday with an NHL scout from a Western Conference team to get his take on the Flyers' draft picks. He said that he primarily liked the selections of Travis Sanheim in the first round and Mark Friedman in the third.

"Philly has been stockpiling defensemen in the system, and I think that's going to pay off for them at some point," he said. "Sanheim is someone who made a lot of us take notice once he get settled in with Calgary. All the tools are there and he's got some intangibles, too. Friedman isn't a big guy but he is very confident with the puck and pretty good without the puck, too. In terms of comparison players, I do think there's some similarities to [Shayne] Gostisbehere but the NHL player I'd compare his style to is his Matt Carle. [Carle] added some size after he was drafted [by San Jose in the 2nd round of the 2003 Draft] and Friedman is a little smaller but the game is similar."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-Hits/45/61015

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 06-30-2014 at 12:00 PM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote