View Single Post
Old
02-16-2004, 08:16 PM
AXN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
Well friends it looks like this team has cashed it in and got a jump on reserving tee times in April. Now for the fun part - as bad as this TEAM has played, we have many INDIVIDUAL players that will serve better for any other playoff team. Looking at the "Trade Rumors" board, there are many fans that would like a number of current Rangers to play for their team of choice.
Here is my list of Rangers who should be traded before the March Deadline:

Numero uno, Alex Kovalev - probably the best asset that this team holds. Although he has been futile, he still has great talent and will be a welcome addition for let's say a Vancouver or even a Toronto.

Dos, Tom Poti - Not a good fit for the defensivelly challenged Rangers but would be a better fit on a team that lacks an offensive - minded defenseman and at the same time have tough, sound d-man to support him. Possible teams: Boston, Calgary, St. Louis.

3rd on my list: Petr Nedved - Don't know how much interest he will have but he is too much of a defensive liabilty here and hasn't made up for it with his scoring. A team that is looking for a good lefty shot on the power play and who can add some scoring down the middle might show some interest. Possibilities: St. Louis - behind Doug Weight, no real #2 Center. L.A. - with Allsion out, the team really is in need of help down the middle, would look good with Frolov.

4th on my list, Mathew Barnaby - hate to see him go but he is the type of player that every team would love to add for the playoffs. He is gritty, plays with passion and he has some scoring ability. The Rangers could get some nice returns for him. Teams that would be interested: take your pick.

#5 - Mike Dunham - A goalie who can be great at times but is too inconsistent. If the Rangers are to get younger and let the younger players gain experience then it is time to give my favorite prospect a shot - Henrik Lundqvist! I know...he has no North American experience but he is dominating the Swiss Elite league; a highly talentend pro league. As for the teams that might be interested, they would include teams that do not have confidence with their current goalie to lead them in the playoffs. Why Dunham?, what has he done? Well his lifetime stats rank right along some of the top tier goalies (Belfour, Kolzig) and he has played on poor defensive teams.
Teams of interest: St. Loius, Vancouver??

#6 - Jason Labarbera - He is tearing up the AHL with his record 10th shutout this year. Goaltending is the one and only area that the team does not lack in terms of good prospects. He should fetch us a solid D prospect who hopefully can play in the NHL next year and maybe play as a 6th defenseman for us.

#7 Brian Leetch - behind Kovalev, arguably the second best asset we have. We will hear many rumours regarding this great Ranger. He is a Ranger through and through and I would hate to trade him knowing what he has done for this franchise and that he wants to finish his career as a Ranger. Also, he can serve as a mentor for the younger players. I would do this only if it would be a deal that couldn't be refused. Intersted teams: many.

If Sather plays his cards right (doubt it) then we could be looking at several top round picks from which this franchise could build around. The core players that probably will be with the team include: Bobby Holik, Jaromir Jagr, Greg deVries, Fedor Tyutin, and Lundmark.
After 4-1 loss to Senators, When do you think this rebuilding stage is going to come? Islanders are next. Lose that one and its over for sure.