View Single Post
Old
04-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
It's hard...

not giving it to a goalie who was 10-0-2 over a goalie who was 9-1-3, despite going deeper into stats and analyzing it further. I mean the guy had zero regulation losses in 12 tries.

Thornton's play over the last month was pretty awesome for a forward. I think he was averaging about 2 points per game, having points it most every game.

Can't talk to Lecavalier's month as I didn't pay much attention.

Bottom line is I wouldn't say the three stars are laughable. We're all very close to the NY situation and see what Henke did over the past month and understand the Rangers would be nowhere without his stellar play. I'm sure that's recognized throughout the league, but in the end, I don't care so long as it's recognized in the standings. We all know that hockey analysis is pretty superficial. It's difficult for these analysts to dig deep into everyone's stats and to watch each's game and therefore when you take a vote you're getting guys that may've seen one guy play a lot and another play very little. It's tough to get real good analyses out there I've come to realize.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote