View Single Post
Old
07-01-2014, 02:58 PM
ng1968
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng1968 View Post
So after a trip out to the eastern part of the state to the "Hockey Superstore"..a couple of interesting things happened. One, my son felt that the Supreme One.9 in a 6D was "too narrow" and was pinching his front foot. This was strange to me since we had tried on that size a couple weeks earlier at our LHS and he felt they were fine. Teenagers....

Anyway, we also learned that the skates (which now seem to be entering true clearance mode as retailers want to make way for the new Supremes) were in fact 30% off the sale price...meaning they came in at $335 before tax (including a bake and sharpen). At that point, we didnt really spend a lot of time comparing with the One.8s as I felt that the value of the One.9 at that price was great.

He ended up in a 6EE. I am very hopeful that these are a proper fit once he breaks them in as he hasnt used a wide skate before (he has been measured as having somewhat wide feet, but we have always been in D or regular width skates). I told him not to be surprised by a huge jump in stiffness. He has a couple of games this weekend and we will see how the adjustment goes.
Just an update, my son is blown away by the One.9s and the stiffness jump has not been an issue for him. I notice a little more explosiveness in his skating and am very glad we made the choice we did. I am hopeful these skates last a while, but I can tell that even after 7-8 game skates, there is barely any evidence of use at all, which is different from the skates he's had in the past. Thanks for the advice here.

ng1968 is offline   Reply With Quote