Thread: Scouting
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by razman22 View Post
Soldat Samsonov is right. If a person has to go to this message board to ask the question, then they obviously don't have the background or connections for the position. Anybody that has been heavily involved with hockey will know how to become involved in scouting. It's not a job for an average guy that loves hockey and decides he wants to quit being an electrician and start watching junior hockey games for a living.
Why do people have to make such ignorant comments. The guy asked a simple, legit question.

So answer me this then, I've played AAA bantam, AAA midget, junior A and university hockey. I've coached AAA midget for 4 years now, and have worked with the Hamilton Bulldogs, getting the opportunity to meet several NHL scouts, but I don't know how to get involved in becoming a scout. So you're going to tell me that I don't have the background or connections for the position? I have plenty of background and a high degree of knowledge about the game, enough to scout, but I don't know the process to get involved.

Honestly, people need to give it a rest and just offer advice to the guy if you have it.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote