View Single Post
Old
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
dave4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm44 View Post
To everyone bashing Malik:

If the JJ line is responsible for his high plus minus rating, that doesn't explain why Malik is +31, Jagr is +24, and Nylander is +10.....

Malik has the good fortune of playing with Jagr when the Rangers are attacking, and the responsibility of playing with Jagr when the Rangers are defending. I couldn't quantify how many bad plays Malik has made that are a result of something sloppy the JJ line has done.

Whether or not Malik is the top defenseman on the Rangers or not is irrelevant. The question is whether or not there is a better alternative than Malik to play with JJ's line. It's pretty clear that neither Isbister nor Hossa is our third best forward, yet most of us seem to think that the line benefits from a hard-working, large forward who knows how to cycle.

Defense is not the issue with the Rangers, the issue is getting the puck to find the back of the net.
Yeah I can't dispute most of this...especially when you say it in a non-confrontational way (hint, hint).

But my original post was really about last night, Malik coming out a +2, half of which had to do with him playing with Jagr. Girardi and Strudwick were stuck with the penalty line, which last night was also the turnover line.

Not talking about Malik's career, just talking about last night. I thought Malik played terribly last night and came out +2. Others took this in the direction of career stats, Malik is amazing, etc.

I couldn't even get Chosen to say Malik played even a little bit below average last night!

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote