View Single Post
Old
07-05-2014, 10:24 PM
ltrangerfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Up until '94, mini plans had full playoff rights in the same seats. That's why they were popular. I think my plan had 14 games and don't recall having a choice of different plans. I'm not really sure how it worked since I don't think single game tickets were readily available.

After the Rangers won the cup, MSG cut all playoff rights out of the plans and forced you to buy other events like boxing (I don't think the Liberty existed for another few years but that was something else MSG made you buy). That's when people started giving up their plans. I gave up my plan when MSG didn't allow me to take those seats as a full STH (my $23 seats in '94 were a lot better than the $78 seats I have now).
My memory has faded so I'll tell you what I believe to be true.

I started with a mini plan called the Messier plan. I believe the plan was a 10 game mini (started after Jan 1 1992) and included full playoff rights. Tix were $17 / per for my 1st row greens so I bought the package for our daughter as a Christmas present. After that year we were hooked and I reupped ever since.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote