View Single Post
Old
04-05-2007, 09:25 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
As someone else already pointed out, the entire Rangers team plays the same opponents. The Rodent, in an effort to make a point, used a very narrow piece of statistics. In other words, it is nonsensical data.

I'm sure it is also possible to construct something like Prucha scored 32% of his goals against teams whose name begins with the letter "P" (not true). Therefore against teams that don't begin with the letter "P" he should sit.
Well it's the fact that he plays with Jagr and that Jagr's line will tend to score more goals against teams who aren't as good defensively meaning that he will get more +s in those games.

I mean put it this way. Jaromir "I Play Defense When I Feel Like It" Jagr is a +24, do you really think he's great defensively? I mean damn, if +/- is that good of a gauge then Jagr is the next Doug Harvey.

+/- means nothing about how good you play. Just watch the game and see how often Malik turns over the puck and is bailed out by Henrik. See how often Malik is out there when Jagr's line scores. How often Malik puts the puck in his own net or deflects a puck into Henrik. How often Malik is completely out of position when the other team scores.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 04-05-2007 at 09:31 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote