View Single Post
Old
02-17-2004, 01:56 PM
anonymous*

vCash: 500
The Flyers played pretty well last night I thought, just not the whole game.

The goals were scored down low with the D standing around being tentative, the first was all Therien, but even he had some good defensive plays later on.

Amonte was skating and creating, so was Fedoruk actually (not star quality but a huge leap for him) Kapanen was banging, Recchi-Handzus-LeClair looked pretty good, Sharp still impresses by making good things happen.

There were no PP goals, the Sharks stats aren't great on the PP but the way they scored and skated you'd think they could have helped their average last night. Good work on the PK stopped them. The Flyers stood up at the blueline. It seemed like it was the tentativeness in the zone that lead to the goals.

Offensive obstruction slowed the Flyers down quite a bit and being drained from the previous games and losses at center didn't help to fight through that.

Unfortunately I don't think they are going to be rejuvinated tonight and take a loss. The last game against them was going the Flyers way until Esche went down, but they still only gave up 2 goals.

I want to be positive, but I think 4-1 will be the final, no idea who scores, but I think it's a loss.