View Single Post
Old
02-17-2004, 03:58 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Markus Naslund, the new bubble boy?

Does he need so much protection that he is to be placed in a bubble? These quotes strike me as sad.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...26&hubName=nhl

``I think it's a marginal player going after a superstar with a head-hunting hit,'' Burke seethed. ``I thought it was a cheap shot.''

That was a cheap shot by a young kid on a captain, the leading scorer in the league, and we get no call,'' Crawford fumed in a post-game interview. "That is ridiculous. How does that happen? Why is there no respect from those referees for the leading scorer in the league? I do not understand that for the life of me. I don't care if they fine me.''

The league has long since set a precenden that certain players get more leeway than others. You can tell when certain coaches/GM's get mad when all of the sudden their star isn't afforded the same priveledges of other stars. In other words, the refs treated the players like equals and called no penalty. As someone who loves Naslund, I thought the hit was fine. But because he was Naslund, I'm shocked no call was made. I applaud the league for this.