View Single Post
Old
02-17-2004, 04:26 PM
DaleHunter

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
Washington---After Lang gets moved how long before Witt, Gonchar, Kolzig. I think you will see the caps move Ollie the goalie with Kolzig
Witt will not be moved.

Lang, Kolzig, Bondra and Gonchar have all been rumored, but IMO, none of them are going anywhere. The Caps Management suffered a really bad fan backlash from the Jagr trade (much worse than they imagined I'm sure). McPhee has stated in the press that none of those 4 are going anywhere unless they are for "hockey deals." In other words, there is no fire sale or salary dump.

I don't see many takers for Lang because he's still due another $5 million/season for 4 more years. Gonchar will be RFA when this season is over (subject to change with the new CBA), and right now he's a bargain for what he offers ($3.6 million). Bondra has a team option left for around $4.5 million for next season and it might be picked up considering how much of a fan favorite he is and he's stated in the press that he "wants to stay" and that he wants to win a cup here in DC. Kolzig is the only player out of that group that I could see going. He, like Bondra is a fan favorite and a big time locker room leader, but he's stated publicly that if the Caps are going to rebuild with youngsters and cheap guys, he doesn't want to be a part of that because he wants a cup. Speaking of Kolzig, you stated, "I think you will see the caps move Ollie the goalie with Kolzig"... I'm going to assume you mistyped? But if not... Olie the Goalie IS Kolzig... Olie Kolzig.