View Single Post
Old
04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsharkfan View Post
13-1-2 in the last 16 games...is that being cocky or pretty good?

I think most Sharks fans totally respect the Predators. Most Sharks fans have figured out that the team is dialed-in and will be totally tough to beat four times out of seven...NO MATTER WHO THEY PLAY!

Don't take offense if Shark fans feel strongly about a re-match. It's not about a "weak" opponent. It's about a strong team going well at the moment.
I realize that, but I'm seeing a lot of "Don't be so eager to play us, ve vill CRUUUSH YOOU!" type posts. The Preds, as I mentioned, have skidded lately...but were missing Forsberg, Hartnell, Erat, Nichol(our best faceoff\PK forward) and Sullivan. Erat and Sullivan are still missing, but Erat is skating and should be ready by game 1. Nashville will have a lineup that didn't lose very often almost fully intact. No one is claiming that SJ will be some sort of cakewalk, but I think some Sharks fans are expecting a series as one sided as last year's...and I just dont foresee that. Nashville has a significantly better lineup...and "second half of back to back" or not, I think it showed a lot in the dynamic of the games this season. Our lack of size was apparent last year, and a healthy Legwand and the addition of Arnott has made a huge difference. Remember that Vokoun wasnt the only one injured last year...Zidlicky was playing hurt, Legwand was on a bad ACL, Walker(gone now) was playing hurt. It stinks that Sullivan is out, but on the whole the team should be a lot healthier. I expect this to be a good series either way...but a different series than last year.

I do think home ice is huge, for either team.