View Single Post
07-12-2014, 10:50 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
I'd agree. When we have an open/scrimmage type night like that, whenever the teams end up lopsided, we swap a few players around to even it out. It really makes it better for all involved.
Yeah, I've brought it up before and so have a few other guys. He'll swap one or two inconsequential players or give us one extra player so we can somehow "wear down the other team". As if giving us one more 40 year old on the bench is going to tire out a bunch of 21-24 year olds.

It doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things, but some shifts are definitely frustrating when you spend the entire time in the defensive zone. Just disappointing really after a few minutes on the bench, you finally get out there and it's effectively a penalty kill.

Also the frustration is compounded by the fact that several of the older attendees demand to play defense every shift, and if you're already out there playing defense, they'll come out and demand that you go play forward. Then you get to watch as a winger as they get burned repeatedly. I understand it's easier on them, but it's also my natural position.