View Single Post
Old
04-07-2007, 09:15 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballruler View Post
I don't think straka is the best thing for that second line. I love the way he puts in 150% effort, but he plays to much european. Shanahan plays by putting pucks to the net and getting players to the net for the rebound. While straka sets up shanahan for 1 timers and hardly ever goes to the net.

All that i am saying is i would love for them to rest/sit/strach straka and put Callahan back on that line (A player that goes to the front of the net etc..)
Everything is working right now. I wouldn't touch a thing, only replace isbister when hossa returns and MAYBE replace pock with rachunek.

Straka is not your typical european, he plays as north american as one european can, except maybe less physical off-course. He has a 2 way game which is really good on that 2nd line. Hossa has the same 2 way game when he returns, isbister also has that two way game. If you notice, Renney loves usuing atleast one 2 way player on each line. Hossa,Straka,Cullen just to name the guys from the first 3 lines. I think Straka will do fine on the 2nd line. He's been playing his best hockey as of late, he'll get his assists setting up shanny and he'll get his protection if need be. He will also chip in goals too cause even though he has no shot, when he does shoot he'll either have avery or shannahan in front of that net either creating a screen or deflecting the puck into the net.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote