View Single Post
Old
04-07-2007, 10:48 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Most coaches get away from rolling 4 lines when they are down by a goal or two in the 3rd period.
But Callahan was our best forward in the 1st period. He almost had 3 goals on chances he generated by himself. I know I don't have to tell you the benefits to playing young guys who hustle, but the fact remains that Renney habitually ignores his "lesser" players late in games. The problem is that these are the guys that carried the play through the 1st two periods. It makes no sense in my book.

In this same vein, Renney didn't roll 4 lines in the 1st half of the season and I think that was a big factor in our poor start. People will say that our lineup wasn't complete yet, but I recall the Anaheim and San Jose games where Renney was forced to roll 4 because of the compressed schedule on the road trip. Those were our 2 best games of the the year before the All-Star break. Why did he get away from a good thing? Why does he always get away from the good things? This is the source of my gripes... which are fewer of late.

And like BigE pointed out, the Fire Renney threads were premature but I still think these Renney's The Man threads are just as premature.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote