View Single Post
Old
04-07-2007, 12:09 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
But Callahan was our best forward in the 1st period.
I do not disagree with that. I just was pointing out that the rolling of 4 lines often disappears in the 3rd period when the team is down by a goal. Mind you that I do not mean that playing your players who are doing well disappears. Just the rolling part.
Quote:
but the fact remains that Renney habitually ignores his "lesser" players late in games.
It's not the "lesser" players that he ignores per se, just the younger ones.
Quote:
In this same vein, Renney didn't roll 4 lines in the 1st half of the season and I think that was a big factor in our poor start. People will say that our lineup wasn't complete yet, but I recall the Anaheim and San Jose games where Renney was forced to roll 4 because of the compressed schedule on the road trip. Those were our 2 best games of the the year before the All-Star break. Why did he get away from a good thing? Why does he always get away from the good things?
I do not disagree with that. He made every effort of running the older veterans into the ground and only began making changes when he was forced to do so.
Quote:
And like BigE pointed out, the Fire Renney threads were premature but I still think these Renney's The Man threads are just as premature.
Agreed here as well. However, I think that most of the usual cast of vets around here did not joing the mob when the "Hang Renney" threads littered the board, just like it is a tad early to annoit him as the second coming of Bowman.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote