View Single Post
Old
07-16-2014, 08:30 AM
fryer98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl3789 View Post
I don't think teams need designated goons though. If Jon, Sarah, and Aaron all get run by player x on the other team, you shouldn't have one guy named Mark who will take care of it. Having Mark on the team is probably what got Jon, Sarah, and Aaron all run in the first place.

When one player on a team is taking cheap shots, not only do people feel animosity towards that person, they feel it toward the entire other team.

Now if someone blatantly takes a shot at me, I'm going to protect myself, but that doesn't mean it makes sense to have one person to do all the "protecting". It actually makes most situations worse.
I agree that you there isn't a designated goon, but the same 3-4 end up in that position usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
This all seems ridiculously stupid for beer league.

That said, Mark doesn't have to be running anybody. Just because Mark can deal with player "x" doesn't mean Mark has to act like player "x".
So, what would you do if a player blind side elbows you in the head? Or your team mate? Just be happy you got a power play and move on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Agreed. My teammates and I all stick up for each other if someone gets way out of hand. We don't need someone on our team designated to do that.
This.

fryer98 is offline   Reply With Quote