Old
02-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
lol, I can't believe you said that. Hopefully, we don't get 40 posts in this thread about your comment like we did in that other thread, when somebody said Fedorov wasn't a good defensive forward.
I honestly don't understand how that comment can be percieved as being so far fetched. Sergei Federov is a fantastic defensive forward, which everybody knows. Ron Francis has been playing in hockey siberia for the past few years, and most of the people posting professional opinions about him haven't seen him play 5 games in the past two years. They couldn't possibly unless they have center ice and an immense desire to watch lackluster hockey. 'Canes hockey gets no national recognition, as well it shouldn't until they play like an NHL level club.

Francis has been a step above Oates his entire career. I don't see how it should be much differant at this advanced age. Unless you're willing to dispute solid, hard facts about the careers of both of these players, then I don't see the point of even getting into an argument about it. Francis has hovered around Selke candidate for the majority of his career with the exception of the past two seasons in which the whole team has made it virtually impossible to be in the possitives unless you're only logging ten minutes a night. The leadership, defensive play, and fantastic attitude of Francis is what makes him more valuable than Oates. Francis gets ten times more respect from the opposition as Adam Oates does. It's not a secret, ask anybody which player they'd rather have on their team.

Perhaps i'm being a homer.