View Single Post
07-21-2014, 06:24 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
Tyler Carroll - Would not surprise me for Carroll to not be back possibly a pro offer. I do not in anyway see Carroll being named Team Captain, not even sure as an Alternate. Critchelow is the likely Captain, Braes and Robertson prob alternates. Not positive of what type of Numbers Carroll will put up if healthy. He really thrived off of Chris Culligan at center, and not sure if that type of center will be available for him. A likely number one center will prob play with Maillet and Haley on the wings

Someone mentioned the two biggest standout loses would be Culligan and Thomas, not so sure about Mike Thomas, but Nick McNeil is a killer, not only did he put up points but his puck possession along the boards was second to none, and his Penalty killing was

I really think this will be the first year since 2006-07 or some would argue 2005-06 that UNB is a great team but only a great team amongs other great Teams in the AUS and CIS. Regardless if they have won the University Cup or not over the past 8 Seasons, UNB has been the team or top2 to beat in the Country and really could have won 8 Straight nationals easily
As talented as Carrol is, although I think that he has a couple of pro offers, I think with the recent injuries, I think that he might stick it out and get his degree. (or at least is probably the safe thing to do) One more concussion and I think that you are looking at a forced retirement Still think he is/can be the most dominant player in the AUS when he wants to be and is healthy.

If the current recruits do stay and do not go pro, (as a few are going to rookie camps) and a couple of unannounced recruits show up, I think that you are looking at a very good team for the next 2-3 years.