View Single Post
Old
04-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2008 View Post
Sharks fan here.

I love how your team has improved from last year. Not just with the aquisitions of Forsberg, Arnott, Dumont, but also with the coming of age of your young Defense and other players like Legwand, Radulov, etc.

The real advantage of having Forsberg is not so much that he'll score a lot of points. Its that he'll pre-occupy Hannan--our best shut-down guy, thus freeing up solid playoff performers like Arnott and Dumont to attack the rest of our blueliners. The Preds will win the series if they take advantage of that.

I believe the goaltending is a wash. Voukoun isn't the same, but so isn't Nabby. We both have solid back-ups if any of them falter.

I don't need to reiterate how evenly matched up we are statiscally, and I rarely use that as an indicator to how a series will play out since the preparation to play an opponent for posibly 7 straight games is different than playing a regular season game. Its about watching the quality of play of recent history. (i.e. post-trade deadline play)

I believe this series will come down to health and I feel the Sharks are coming in as the healthier team and will prevail to the second round. If it weren't for that, I'd be a toss-up--what a perfect 4 vs. 5 series should be.
Solid analysis and good post.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote