View Single Post
Old
07-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I honestly don't think we've rushed anyone.

6th and 8th picks like Monahan and Nichuskhin get to play right away these days, how can you really justify sending RNH back after 9 games where he led the entire team in scoring? Colorado played Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon all immediately too, hell even O'Reilly played right out of his draft year I think and he's a 2nd round pick, lol ... why isn't there a problem there?

Hall was ready to play and there's noting the OHL would teach Yakupov either.

Paajarvi is the one I think that could've had an arguement for staying back another year, but he honestly played as well as Hall and Eberle in his pre-season stint here.

We almost made the playoffs in Gagner's rookie season.

The difference is in Gagner's rookie year the team had a good d-corps, OK goaltending, and forwards that did a lot of dirty work (Stoll, Glencross, Torres, Horcoff for a while).

Our issue is we haven't had a roster anywhere near that complete since.

Even though Joni Pitkanen was a headcase, his impact on the d-corps and moving the puck was really underrated too I think. Our record with him in the lineup vs. him out was pretty substantially different as I recall.
Thank you. Nobody bats an eye when other teams play physically-capable players in their draft year but somehow everyone is going crazy over Draisaitl. Sometimes players will learn more from the NHL, even if their game isn't fully polished.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is online now   Reply With Quote