View Single Post
Old
02-18-2004, 01:07 PM
crakced

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
what is this BS about having a legitamate chance to win the Stanley Cup, this is getting ridiculous, did Minnesota or Anaheim had a legitamate chance last year? The question should be "do we have a legitamate chance to make the playoffs this year?" Yes Since when this looser attitude "I can't win the cup this year so I am not going to improve my team, I better play safe, stick with players I have right now fans, in Montreal are used with a non playoff team anyway" I am not saying that we have to trade our future for a chance this year, but things can be done, we have similar player in Hamilton. We need an offensive defenceman a la Gonchar to help our PP, a sniper to play with Koivu and Zed at least. We gotta believe in our chances till the end of the season!!!!
Well people think differently. You apparently are ready to mortage the future to win now. I on the other hand am tired of the short term stop gap fixes and am willing to take some lumps to get this team to mature from within and progress to the point where Ottawa is. If you think we are just as good as Ottawa...well I have to disagree at this point in time. Three years from now we may well be, but not right now.

And by the way, I am not giving up on the playoffs. I just think we are going to have to win with what we have, that's all. I don't see any big changes coming, so we better make due for now with what we have.