View Single Post
Old
02-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Would Anson Carter be available? He's a RFA at season's end, and at $2.8 mil, I don't see the Caps qualifying him. In any case, if he was available, what would the asking price be? I could see Burke having some interest in him as he fits the description of what they're looking for(25-30 goal scorer, good size, RH'ed shot, fits age group). He'd be a nice winger for the Sedins IMO, someone who can find open ice and use his shot/speed to score some goals.
I'd expect so. They would not simply give him away, but they'd deal him for a package centered on a prospect and/or a pick. Now exactly what that package might be... as a younger player but with less of a scoring pedigree, I think the Caps would want something approximate to the package given up for Bondra, who is 36 and more expensive.

Nylander is another guy, a cheap pending UFA, who could make a nice addition in a playmaking, offensive role for a team looking to load up for a run. We'll see in the next two/three weeks if he comes back looking like he can contribute or not. He missed a lot of time. He is expected to play his first game of the season on Thursday.