View Single Post
Old
07-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Philly85
Moody'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Considering enigmatic pretty much means mysterious, I don't think it's such a bad term for Yaks.

I know many in the media will spin the word into something else to suit their views, but whatever, it's just a word (that seems to be used in the wrong context)
how is he mysterious? this is simpleton Alberta talk. He has shown to have an infectious personality and in the past (aside from Belanger the bum), at the junior and NHL levels his teammates have had nothing but positive things to say about him. He's a muslim and doesn't like to party like some of these good ol' Canadian boys. That is the only "mysterious" thing about him, that he comes from a different culture, when in reality he's exactly the same as all of us, except comes from a place where traditions, values and cultural norms may be a bit different. He still smiles, laughs, is intense and loves the game all the same. He's not a comic book hero/villain for God's sake.

I can't even talk about Yakupov anymore because it drives me nuts reading what people have to say about him. 20 year old kid with tons of hype trying to bridge the gap here...

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote