View Single Post
Old
07-24-2014, 10:39 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilz89 View Post
Yeah but he's a kid who's played only 1.5 NHL seasons. Like people come on! Give him a chance before you start beating on him. How do we know he's going to be disappointing this year. I still don't get how he was disappointing but Huberdeau wasn't
I dont see how he is disappointing, other than having issues sitting out games and not listening to vets like Boyd Gordon (witnessed many times with my own eyes, in two cases in my immediate memory he cost us goals by not even trying to do what Gordon had clearly signalled and communicated verbally pre-faceoff him to do).

The moments after those goals were telling. In fact in the washington game prior to his scratching... He proceeded to not do anything on a key draw where boyd told him to simply get ovechkins stick...ovechkin didnt move and neither did yak as he simply watched. Yaks response in the second period was to try to put his head down and beat the capitals himself, giving a turn over and odd man rush and a lot of angry faces and swearing on the bench. Both moments were momentum swings. I have never seen someone so unwilling to listen to a vet. Most teams would demote the player but this is a desperate late place piece of crap team that had only one healthy centre to start the year. For the record we dominated the first period and all momentum was sapped from yak and dubie. But i had become used to it from the fact we were eight games in to the season at that point.

I would like to see him turn a corner but ive seen what his personality involves in many games. Personality cant be changed...habits can. Hopefully he is selfish enough to want to achieve indivually to get his stock up and his name worth something. Right now its a big hazard sign.

As far as disappointing i agree with Eakins assessment to start the year when asked about rookies. He said its rediculous that people think they will get 82 games out of every rookie player. Most come from junior or college playing 40-60 reg season games under far less quality of competition. A rookie might only play 65 games and if so than that is what it is. If a player is getting it, he plays, if he doesnt get it...he doesnt play. Team first.

He has a good shot, but the iq and integrity is not there. Not sure if it ever will. Doubt it. Give him pp time and make him look good, get his stock up.

Last edited by oilinblood: 07-24-2014 at 10:49 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote