View Single Post
Old
07-25-2014, 01:51 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
If Calgary is able to execute that play again to perfection then explanations are required.
You don't get it. When 4 players come clean on a punt block and 7 are in the backfield explanations are already mandated. Again that isn't a blown block coverage its a complete disaster. Which would be more than likely to repeat itself.

Quote:
There were still better options than to gamble. If it was at midfield I wouldn't have had any qualms with it, but that deep in your own territory with a chance to give your rival more than enough time to execute a scoring play?
If I'm Jones I'm wondering what exactly the special teams unit practiced this week. Execution was poor in every possible facet. Calgary was getting 10yds automatic on every exchange of the ball in addition to the 3 special teams turnovers.

Quote:
And that doesn't explain the countless runs on 2nd and long and a complete limpness of the offense again. And this wasn't a case where the opposition D was getting to Reilly on a consistent basis. The O-Line gave him far more protection than in any of the previous weeks.
Um, we're playing a D that is worlds apart from anything this club had faced before. Calgary just doesn't give up ANYTHING. You know theres two clubs on the field right? Hopefully you know the Stamps were hanging back into coverage all night and making Reilly try to connect in tight and two man coverage. Very few targets were open and Calgary were playing for picks. Calgary wasn't bringing the blitz in this game, just falling back into coverage. You need to break down whats actually happening on the football field to see how Reillys work was cut out for him. It was tough sledding for both QB's there trying to throw strikes.

Quote:
Thank God for the defense otherwise this game might've been a blowout.
BOTH D's controlled the game and as expected. Without turnovers I agree we win this game easily.

Quote:
If that fake punt call is a one and done thing, then whatever. But if this is a consistent thing we're seeing it could cost us more down the road. It irritates me that we finally came up against a worthy opponent and basically hand the win to them. It was very reminiscent of last year's losses to the Stamps.
Last year we had luck to be close to the Stamps. This year we had bad luck and bad calls in the game and were close to the Stamps.

There is a difference and the Esks showed they could play even with the Stamps today. I'm OK with that for the moment. The Esks are a good team that gave the stamps much more trouble than they've experienced from any opponent. This game shows the Esks are in the mix as one of the best teams. We couldn't be positive that was the case before tonight.

Last edited by Replacement: 07-25-2014 at 01:58 AM.