View Single Post
Old
07-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
My point was what was the bigger risk? If you're so scared you're going to get the punt blocked then why wouldn't you just take the safety? Running a fake from ten yards deep in the end zone is the worst possible option.

Even if the punt was blocked and Calgary recovered it, all people would be talking about was how poor execution on special teams cost this team a game and they'd be questioning why a safety wasn't given up. Just like they are now. Nobody would have been questioning the wisdom of the coach quite like they are now. Nobody would have been saying they should have gambled on third down and ten from their own six or that they should have run a fake. Nobody.
I stated in the other thread I would have taken a safety at that point.

But earlier I would have tried to run the clock down with running plays. One of the stupidest plays there was the longball incompletion that stopped the clock. keep the ball on the ground in that situation.

In anycase I AM questioning the special teams. It is clearly what lost us this football game. Jones would be astute enough to know that. I daresay some changes will be made.

When 4 players come clean on a punt people should be asking about the special teams. When a returner screws the pooch on the first ball he sees people should be asking about the special teams.

What I'm asking is what the hell they practiced all week. You'd never recognize that this unit had any aspect covered on the basis of today.