View Single Post
07-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Now 11.5% more Zen
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I said I wasn't ready to believe in this team unless they beat the Stamps, and they didn't pass that test. And this was a Stamps team that was missing key pieces (Cornhole, as overrated as I think he is), couldn't find a lick of offense, and scored a paltry 10 points against a terrible Tiger-Cats team. This was a very winnable game and the Esks did everything in their power, from coach to QB, to ensure that the fans watching were disappointed.

Special teams obviously need work but there were many, many questionable coaching decisions. Let's put aside the fake punt for a minute. 2nd and inches and you drop back into the shotgun? Another case of taking an unnecessary risk for little reward. 2nd and 11, let's throw for 3 yards. I thought we were through with dink and dunk. A pointless holding penalty to wipe out a TD, and we didn't score a point on that drive. The no yards penalty hurt as well.

I've been wowed by this team exactly once this year, last week against Winnipeg, and without the wall of defense we have, even that game might've been closer.

Right off the hop the Esks weren't ready to play ball and it showed. Dropped balls, missed assignments, and just a farce on offense and special teams.

That display was so bad I longed for the Oilers. I declared the game over at half time and sure enough I was right. After the game was tied the Esks never even came close to threatening for points.
Judging from your posting (and a lot of other people here) you declared every game but the Winnipeg game over at halftime. How is that working out for you?

I get that this is a fanboard for the Oilers and everybody is conditioned to be cynical and negative but its funny that I'm being the optimist while watching the best Esks team I've seen in a decade.

Not sure why you think Winnipeg game is so impressive. Some W's aside that team is HORRIBLE. Esks should beat the bombers for fun everytime out. If anything I was ticked Reilly accomplished nothing for 3 quarters against a Bombers team that is vastly easier to play than the Stamps. I would actually ask more questions about Reilly off his performance against the Bombers than this one. In this game theres a reason he struggled..

How would you like to be a fan of the Argos, Ticats, Black Gold , Alouettes or Bombers right now? Be thankful we actually have a competitive club. its been awhile. Learn to enjoy these moments

Last edited by Replacement: 07-25-2014 at 11:52 AM.