View Single Post
Old
07-25-2014, 10:53 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Judging from your posting (and a lot of other people here) you declared every game but the Winnipeg game over at halftime. How is that working out for you?

I get that this is a fanboard for the Oilers and everybody is conditioned to be cynical and negative but its funny that I'm being the optimist while watching the best Esks team I've seen in a decade.

Not sure why you think Winnipeg game is so impressive. Some W's aside that team is HORRIBLE. Esks should beat the bombers for fun everytime out. If anything I was ticked Reilly accomplished nothing for 3 quarters against a Bombers team that is vastly easier to play than the Stamps. I would actually ask more questions about Reilly off his performance against the Bombers than this one. In this game theres a reason he struggled..
They actually managed to make adjustments in those other games. This game, they didn't. They actually looked even worse in the second half, which I didn't think was possible. 60 yards of offense? Are you kidding me?

And you're right, the Bombers aren't that good, which really takes the gloss off this record. But they still managed to get to Reilly more than the Stamps did. In fact Reilly played BETTER when he was being harassed every single down. This game he had plenty of time to make plays and he didn't deliver. Maybe the o-line should go back to being swiss cheese.

There is no excuse to lose this game. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, who are probably the worst if not second worst team in the CFL, came closer to beating the Stamps than we did. Never mind that we only beat them because they completely went gong show in the latter half of the 4th quarter.

I'm not impressed by this team, Replacement. If their D starts to crack we could be looking at a sub .500 record. The offense is and has been a mess for most of the season and if they can't score points they aren't going to win.