Quote:
Originally Posted by regehr
what about?:

TO OTT: Peter Bondra
TO WSH: Patrick Eaves, 2004 2nd round pick

too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
That's about right, but i suspect Ottawa would prefer to trade a 1st round pick than Patrick Eaves

I was warm but not hot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
This rumour is quite possible. If it happens I think the price will be a pick + prospect, but at a higher price than some might think/hope. Bondra in the playoffs has been 73gp, 30g, 26a, 56pts, +9. Last year playoffs were 6gp, 4g, 2a, 6pts +2. A hard player to shut down, and a "knows-what-it-takes" veteran who would still like the ring, so the type of playoff scorer that Mucks would look for to fill the #1 LW spot. I expect cost would be either a 1 pick and a so-so prospect, or a good prospect and a mid pick, although I do hope it is cheaper for the Sens.

Note that he is a UFA2B, so he can return to Washington if he and they wish it whenever NHL hockey resumes after this season.
Note that I was wrong on the latter he has an option year.

Some less than accurate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone
Bondra is the Capitals power play and wants to finish in Washington. I doubt he will be traded.

Same kind of rumors had Jagr traded yesterday.

But...Bondra has the best power play one timer in the NHL. Potted his 10th ppg last night under pressure.

But, there is no deal here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody else
I don't personally think Bondra to the Sens is a good fit. I doubt this 'trade rumour' will come to fruition.