View Single Post
Old
07-27-2014, 03:14 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
Sorry - saw that MAF played in the QMJHL and assumed he just started there. Regardless, he wasn't ready, or he wouldn't have been sent back.

DiPi was a disaster his rookie season. a .878 save % is terrible in any language.

the point remains, there's been several players who haven't been NHL ready picked #1 overall, especially players at these positions.

Bouwmeester was essentially a #1 pick too and clearly was not ready at 18 years old (we all know that)

just another example.

I think Ekblad will be on the opening night roster. but i'd temper my expectations if I were you. Seth Jones is a similar caliber prospect and while he showed his skills with some decent offensive numbers, he looked lost defensively.

I think Ekblad is a better two-way prospect, but I still expect him to have some peaks and pretty big valleys during his rookie year.
No way Ekblad is drafted by Tallon if he wasn't, at least in Tallon's mind, NHL ready. I fully expect the peaks to way outweigh the valleys.

The expectation is ALWAYS that your number 1 overall is NHL ready, IMHO. Its part of why he's a #1. That said, expectations aren't always met.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote