View Single Post
Old
02-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Jacques Strappe

vCash: 500
The Last Thing...

... I wanted to do was to start with the TRADE, TRADE, TRADE chant! Before the break I thought we had an excellent chance to finish 5th or 6th in the conference.
Now I want to have faith, but it's getting harder and harder. I thought the organization would be in excellent shape if they could take it's current roster into the playoffs and subsequently next season (I truly believe there will be one) with a slightly more mature team (just a matter of time before the deadwood just disappears).
I think Gainey gives the team until Saturday (against the Leafs) to turn things around. If not, then he'll have to do something. I just don't know what. He's very hard to read.
The Gonchar rumours have been flying around. My question is this: Considering how the Sens got Bondra for so cheap, what will the Habs need to give up for Gonchar? Or do we run with our young guns (give Hainsey another shot), and hope for the best?

Also just wanted to send my regrets regarding Souray. His Norris flew out the window with that injury. Next year tho'!