View Single Post
07-31-2014, 09:20 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Fair enough. You've seen him more than I have. Whenever I watch him he appears to struggle, gets confused, and fights it out there. He really had a tough game against the Esks.

Wouldn't say he's young either. He's a year younger than Reilly who I wouldn't refer to as a young QB either.

PS enjoy your momentary success. Based largely on having already played 3 EC teams, Montreal, Toronto, and Ottawa. These being teams that have all of 3 wins over 13GP. You barely beat 2 of them.
Bombers have a lot of work ahead of them no doubt. Poor offensive line, terrible Canadian depth (their best national is trying out for the NFl and their next best one, Watson, is always injured). Receivers, D-line and secondary are decent to great though. Same goes for the head coach.

Initially I pegged the Bombers for 6 wins at the beginning of the season. Looks like I will have to readjust that number, although I'm certainly not going to proclaim a 12 or 13 win season based on early results. I expect his team to struggle against the Western teams. This will continue until some of the long-standing issues are resolved (that Canadian depth and O-line and I'm also not sold on Etcheverry long term).

Regardless, it's nice to have a GM who appears to have a clear long-term plan for the club and is not afraid to swing deals and aggressively pursue free agents unlike the previous adminstration. Also, nice to have a coach who looks like he gives a **** and refuses to throw his players under the bus like Burke.

And there is Willy. Probably the best QBing this team has seen since 2007. Might not be saying much given the intervening years (2008-2013), but boy-oh-boy, what a start to the season for him. You cannot tell me you weren't impressed with that final drive by Willy - 95 yards in 100 seconds. Now do you see what others already have in this young QB?

Willy cannot be deflated..uh, I mean defeated.