Thread: News Article: Edmonton Oilers: Wait and See at 2C
View Single Post
Old
08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Sorry to single you out but this is one of the more interesting statements I've seen in some time.

The other option is not to make assumption on limited sample return.

Indeed for the Oilers its a chronic losers game doing so.

ps the next point you make about 7years sample being worse demonstration in your mind is even worse.

The simplest logical deduction that can be made is that a career NHL starting Center for 7yrs that earned such incumbency at age 18 and maintained it is a better player than some career AHLer, multiple years older, that hasn't had anything more than a cup of coffee at this level.

You've somehow deduced the opposite, that its better to have the career Ahler.. An assertion that defies reason.
I could/should just chalk this up to agree to disagree. When two people have perfectly opposite opinions there is no real common ground. But you never seem to get to worked up so even tho we go round in circles the dance has not tired me out yet.

Much as you find my logic interesting I would say the same for yours. A small sample but overall positive sample gives a reason for optimism IMO. A long sample size but overall negative gives reason for pessimism. Just how I see it and I am generally more pessimistic than optimistic.

I also am not sure why you would say he is a career AHLer. He has followed more of a detriot model for his development. Does Detroit just toss career AHLers into the league and hope they stick? It seems to be working well for them.

Also, even tho the Oilers are terrible at bringing in and developing talent from within you can't just give up and never even attempt it again. Lander, Pitlick, and Arco are our guys that "should" be graduating to full time NHL duty... Lol, I said duty. Their play, draft pedigree (for Pit & Land), and age would put any of these guys as "graduating" types from any organization. Whether they take the ball and run or fall flat on their face is the same crap shoot every organization takes.

It will be interesting to see how Arco and Gagner do in their respective roles/teams. We may well both be wrong as both players could fail as the odds are 50/50 at best for either succeeding IMO.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote