View Single Post
Old
08-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Replacement
Checked out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Limited samples work both ways Replacement.

You yourself are basing Arco's possibility as a half decent #2C failure on very small sample sizes.
No I'm not at all. I'm stating a guy that is 26yrs old who hasn't had much of a sniff at the NHL while belonging to the weakest NHL lineup in the league hasn't turned any heads. Its laugh a minute stuff that theres actual suggestions that Arco would make the topsix on a lot of teams and get interest from other orgs in that capacity. Man if you can't crack the worst team I doubt theres a role anywhere in the NHL. This is not basing on limited sample. Its looking at the career path of an AHL player.

Quote:
Personally I saw some really good stuff from him in both the 2C role and the 4C role...not so much the second one. I believe that his playmaking abilities are fairly outstanding, and there are a number of players in the top six that will benefit. It's also a nice factoid that he seems to like to hit a hell of a lot. Unfortunately his size doesn't help him out there....especially against teams in the Western Conference.
hyperbole. he doesn't drive any offense, he was along for a short ride. Before the team expectedly demoted him again.

Having discussions on this player is oddly reminiscent of discussion on someone like Omark. people see some moderate skill set displayed in a lesser league and think that the type of plays made translate meaningfully to the NHL.

Arco does not possess an NHL topsix skillset. At best he would drag such a line down.

Last edited by Replacement: 08-01-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote